Claus Porto in New YorkInteriors | 26 Oct 2018
THE BRAND OPENED ITS FIRST INTERNATIONAL SHOP
With a design that pays tribute to Portuguese architecture and tradition, Claus Porto`s first international store opened in New York at 230 Elizabeth Street. The space, with 50 sqm, is signed by the Tacklebox Architecture, under the direction of the architect Jeremy Barbour, and is dominated by a 12-meter long arch. The arch alludes to São Bento train station, in Porto, and remembers the facade of the “Casa dos Bicos”, in Lisbon, with the 1500 "tiles" with the shape of faceted diamonds produced in crushed cork. Located on the ground floor of an old building from the early nineteenth century, in the heart of space we find a washbasin carved from a massive block of Estremoz marble. Since 2016, after Lisbon and Porto, this is Claus Porto`s third store.
Photos: Eric Petschek